So, the sun has started to shine, and it's been lovely. Except for the unbearable humidity, which I hear is what actually will kill you. And according to all accounts, it's not even that humid yet... Wah wah wah.
Anyway, I told you that to tell you this. I'm glad I'm leaving Korea for that reason. But that is about as far as the gladness reaches. Aside from the obvious joys of Sarah being aloud in the USA of course. What I mean is, I am going to be sad, slightly, to leave this place. It has been a period of so many things: joy, friendship, healing, learning, fulfillment...
The school here is just one of the many things I'm going to miss. I tell you that there are some things I'll be happy to be without, like kids SCREAMing the word 'hi' and then ERUPTing into raucous laughter when I reply with a simple 'hi' as well. I will be able to do without that. But then again, the students that come to me before/after class and just want to ask me how I'm doing so they can practice English, and watching them scour their brains for the right words really is a moment to melt your heart. Some kids even wanted my email so they could practice their writing skills. Precious. Then the teachers, sometimes they don't understand the fine line of social conduct in the western world, like talking about my weight very openly, but other than that, they just want to know me and Sarah and hear stories about the love we share. They often try to collude us into going places with them so they can practice their English but as a result we've shared some lovely meals with some lovely people and and ESL teacher or Korean language teacher would have cringed as both parties struggled through our limited knowledge of the language. It's been a joy. Teaching here. I'm going to be sad to leave.
I would have liked to write more. But I think that's enough for today. It gives me a reason to write more tomorrow, or next month. :)
All my love to all you who read this. Blessings,
N
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment